Welcome to Thrive Literacy Corner (formerly Thrive Educational Services), a resource for creating effective literacy lessons based on the science of reading.
I’m Delilah, the blogger behind this site. I am a Literacy Specialist, homeschooling mom, and former classroom teacher. This is where I share all my best tips and resources for your literacy lessons so you can cultivate strong and confident readers. You can learn more about me here.
If you’re new here, do these next few steps:
1. Download FREE literacy resources
Sign up for my email list to gain access to all my free literacy resources, along with weekly tips. Once you’re signed up, you’ll get the password to access the freebies library where you can download literacy resources.
If you do not see the form to add your name and email below, it is being blocked by a filter. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the email that you’d like to use and we can add you manually. Please give us up to 48 hours to complete.
2. Read these posts on effective literacy instruction:
- What is the science of reading?
- The New Way To Teach High Frequency Words: The Heart Word Method
- How To Switch Your Word Wall To A Sound Wall
- Phonemic Awareness Activities For Struggling Readers
- The 6 Syllable Types + How To Teach Them
- How To Teach Long Vowels: Word Lists & Activities
- Effective Interventions for Dyslexics & Struggling Readers
- Phoneme Grapheme Mapping Activities That Develop Orthographic Mapping
- Blending Words: How To Teach Blending Sounds
3. Visit my shop for literacy resources.
Shop for multisensory literacy resources to help make your reading lessons more engaging and effective.
Thanks For Stopping By!