Thrive Literacy Corner offers multi-sensory Orton-Gillingham and Lindamood-Bell literacy resources for parents and educators. I created this blog to help struggling learners bridge educational gaps in reading and gain confidence in themselves.
Delilah Orpi, Ms.Ed., Literacy Specialist
Delilah (Dee) Orpi is a literacy specialist and an experienced educator. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Special Education and a Master of Science in Education from Nova Southeastern University. She has over 10 years of classroom experience in South Florida and Abu Dhabi, working with children from kindergarten to eighth grade, in both regular and special education.
During that time, Delilah received specialized training in dyslexia, ADHD, and learners with reading difficulties. This includes workshops from Lindamood-Bell Seeings Stars and Visualizing & Verbalizing, Orton- Gillingham reading methods, and Woodin Math. She uses diagnostic teaching methods and multi-sensory techniques to help students overcome their difficulties. She was a dyslexia and reading tutor in the Miami area for over 4 years, and now creates literacy resources and blogs about multisensory reading. Delilah is also a member of the International Association of Dyslexia.
As Seen In:
- Up Journey: How To Become An Elementary School Teacher
- Rewire: Audiobooks Aren’t ‘Cheating’. Here’s Why
- Authority Magazine: 5 Things That Should Be Done To Improve The US Educational System
- Thrive Global: “5 Things That Should Be Done To Improve The US Educational System”, with Delilah Orpi & Penny Bauder
- Out With Trade: Why Homeschool? Parents, Educators & Students Comment On The Benefits Of Homeschooling