This year Prime Day runs for 48 hours from July 111-12. It’s their biggest sale of the year and I always take advantage. But you do have to be a Prime member to get these special prices so if you’re not, then sign up already! Click here to try it out free for 30 days and take advantage of the deals. I’m a member for the perks more than anything. Things like grocery delivery, fast shipping, and streaming are things I value.
In this post, I will share a few tips to help you score some deals for Prime Day, and list the current deals I think you should check out (and update it a few times throughout the day as new deals go live). Some deals go very quickly so don’t linger too much if you see something you really want. I did that and missed out on a rock discovery set I really wanted for my daughter.
For the most up to date deals, I recommend you follow my Amazon shop list of educational deals. I will be adding to it throughout the day so you can see recommended deals.
Also, this list is not compiled just to get you to buy things. Don’t buy stuff you don’t need just because it’s a good deal. Consumerism is a huge problem but I know we still need to buy things. I like to wait for sales for all my purchases and don’t shop much in general.
So I created this list to help you find products you might need quickly. It took me many hours of scrolling through to find all of these. Hopefully, it saves you some time.
Prime Day Shopping Tips
- Make a list of what you want before you start browsing, or you’ll end up buying a bunch of stuff you don’t need.
- If you don’t have a Prime membership and don’t want to spend the money on that but still want to take advantage of the deals, join using their 30-day free trial, buy the Prime Day stuff you want, then cancel your membership.
- If you want to support small businesses instead of Amazon, shop the handmade section. This is similar to Etsy with small business running their shops on the Amazon platform. Amazon is actually giving you back $10 when you shop any small business on or before Prime Day.
- Check out the lightning deals section for time-limited deals. I recommend you sort and filter the results for what you’re looking for because it can be overwhelming.
- You can check how good a deal something really is by adding it to your cart, then viewing your cart to checkout. It will show you the current sale price and the regular price. Sometimes the deals they advertise is really not as good as they say it is.
Some deals may expire or sell out and some have not started yet. I will update this list throughout the day as I can.
- Carpet Markers 5″ for Kids
- Plugable USB Digital Microscope with Flexible Arm
- Math Cubes – Set of 100
- Snap Circuits LIGHT Electronics Exploration Kit
- Dry Erase Pockets, 6 Pack Reusable Dry Erase Sleeves with Marker Holder
- Digital Classroom Timers
- Sight Word Swat ® a Sight Words Game
- Junior Learning CVC Word Builders Activity Cards
- Learning Resources Create a Space Storage Center – 10 Piece set Desk Organizer for Kids
- Recordable Answer Buzzers – Set of 4
- EXPO Low Odor Dry Erase Markers, Fine Tip
- LCD Digital Microscope
- Telescopic Teachers Pointer
- Paper Mate Flair Felt Tip Pens, Medium Point
- Transparent 4″ x 6″ Photo Cases and Clear Craft Keeper with Handle – 16 Inner Cases Plastic Storage Container Box
- 24pcs Mesh Zipper Pouch Zipper Bags
- Transparent Sticky Note Pads – 500 Pcs Waterproof Self-Adhesive Pad
- Wooden CVC Word Spelling Games
- Guess in 10 States of America
- Scrabble Junior Game
For more deals, head to my Amazon list which I update more often than this blog post.
Other products on my list (or that I recommend):
I’m not big on a lot of tech stuff so I really only care about the Kindles. But Amazon is offering amazing deals on their tablets and Alexa devices.
- Audible membership sale – 3 months free. I love this for listening to books while I’m driving
- Amazon Music sale – 4 months free for Prime members, 3 months free for non Prime and iOs customers
- Kindle Paperwhite– A great way to have books without taking up space
- 3 months of free of Kindle Unlimited – If you read a lot of books then this is an amazing deal.
- Kids Kindle – a better Kindle option for kids
- Channel deals – This year they are offering a variety of deals on different channels. Some are 50% off, but most are $0.99 a month for 2 months. I plan to sign up for some of these and cancel just before the price increases.